One of Mom’s regulars Raquel is in Ghana, volunteering and making a difference. It looks like the kids of Ghana now know what Mom’s Grilled Cheese Truck is, as they are all sporting their Mom’s stickers. Great work Raquel!! In case you didn’t know, The Republic of Ghana is approximately 800 km north and west of the modern state of Ghana in Africa, and controlled territories in the area of the Sénégal River and east towards the Niger rivers, in modern Senegal, Mauritania and Mali. Looks like this week week we’ll take a step backwards with the weather as we progress through the week. Another great reason to get down to Mom’s for a warm lunch.
Hey congratulations, you’ve almost made it through the work week! Thanks to everyone who came by this week for a warm lunch on a these cold days. Today is Baby Daddy day, the new hit item on our menu. Rob Ford could put back a few of these, in a drunken stoober, should we invite him? We take tender beef brisket with horseradish mayo, caramelized onions and Havarti cheese on potato bread and grill it to perfection. Get down here for lunch today and remember, we deliver.
1. If you Google “grilled cheese Vancouver”, Mom’s Grilled Cheese Truck turns up in the top 3 results and is mentioned in 6 of the first page results. Cool!
2. Cheese consumption in the US has tripled since 1970 and is continuing to increase. Pictured is Cheez Whiz. Keeping it classy.
3. On April 12th (National Grilled Cheese Day), grilled cheese was the 6th most Tweeted about topic on Twitter globally.
4. Regarding Mom’s new spring/summer menu, the most asked question is “do you still have the meatloaf grilled cheese?”. Yes.
5. According to the British Cheese Board, Britain has approximately 700 distinct local cheeses.
6. The world’s largest consumers of cheese per person is Greece (63 pounds per person each year). Canadians average 26 pounds.
7. Pizza Hut uses about 300 million pounds of cheese per year.
8. There are over 2,000 varieties of cheeses!
9. Kraft Singles and other packaged cheeses includes additives, chemicals and flavorings that account for up 49 percent of the total product.
10. Mom’s does not use Kraft Singles.
11. Fromunda Cheese is not sold in a store.